Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Bitola as unit of University St. Kliment Ohridski Bitola started working in the academic year 2009/2010. Profile of graduated students is doctor of veterinary medicine.
High medical school is formed in 1988 and is member of University St. Kliment Ohridski Bitola.
As only higher-educational institution for educating higher medical nurses, with establishing the Law on higher education in 2000, it was transformed into Higher medical school. The Higher medical school realizes the following programs:
Faculty of Technical Sciences Bitola is a leader in higher education in southwest region of Republic of Macedonia.
The largest University unit part of the St. Kliment Ohridski university, it is a modern higher education institution, which successfully combines application and scientific research activities, following the European and world trends in education.
The Faculty of Biotechnical Sciences Bitola is a public state higher-education research institution in the area of biotechnical sciences.
As part of the St. Kliment Ohridski university, the main task of this institution is to enable the graduated students with knowledge and skills for individual managing of small family business in the area of biotechnology.
This Faculty is the only one of its kind in Macedonia and has characteristic study programs.
University “St. Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola (Универзитет „Св. Климент Охридски“ – Битола) is the second Macedonian state university located mainly in Bitola, with faculties in Prilep, Ohrid, Veles, Kichevo and Skopje.
The act of the formal establishment of the university “St Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola was on the 25th April 1979. On December 8th 1994, the University of Bitola started to celebrate the day of St Kliment Ohridski.
The number of enrolled students exceeds 15,000.
University St. Kliment Ohridski – Bitola
Address: 1st of May bb. (1-ви Мај б.б), 7000 Bitola
Patron saint: St. Kliment Ohridski – December 8th. (Macedonian national holyday).
Institutions part of the university:
Faculty of Economics – Prilep
Faculty of Law – Bitola
Faculty of Technical Sciences – Bitola
Faculty of Tourism and Catering – Ohrid
Higher School of Agriculture – Bitola
Academy of Pedagogy- Bitola
Tobacco Institute – Prilep
Institute of Hydro-biology- Ohrid
Institute for Old Slav Culture – Prilep
National and University Library “St.Kliment Ohridski” – Biota
Student Center “Koch Racin” – Bitola
Higher Medical School – Bitola
Police Academy – Skopje
The building – seat of the University as cultural heritage
The building in which today is housed the Rector of the university St. Kliment Ohridski in Bitola, also known as the former building of the old municipality of Bitola, is a monument of culture of Republic of Macedonia and one of the bright examples of Bitola architecture.
This facility was specially built for the Sultan Reshad V as his residence during his visit of Bitola in 1911 and represents one of the most beautiful examples of eclectic- renaissance facilities in Bitola.
North of the building is a small backing object – private bath, which was within harem rooms to the main building, and this small private bath represents integral part of the residence.
Mehmed Resad V during his visit in Bitola (Monastir) – 1911 in his residence – today seat of University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bitola
Triumphal arch placed near the residence of sultan Mehmed Resad V during his visit in Bitola (Monastir) – 1911 – today seat of University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bitola
Prince Aleksandar I Karadjordjević and French general Maurice Sarrail in Bitola (November, 1916)