Bitola is the largest urban center in the fertile Pelagonia valley and the second largest city in Macedonia.
Located in the southwestern part of Macedonia, at the foot of the mountain Baba with the peak Pelister (2.601 m), the city of Bitola is located 13 km from the Macedonian – Greek border. Administratively speaking, Bitola city is the seat of the Municipality of Bitola, and a major regional center for the south part of Macedonia.
NUUB St. “Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola was established on 25.03.1945 year. In his seventy-existence library changed multiple rooms and locations in Bitola.
It was placed at the former hotel “Tourist” in the building of the primary school St. “Kliment Ohridski” Today “Goce Delchev”, on the premises of the former restaurant “Royal” on the street. Marshal Tito. 89 (1954-1974). Since 1974 the library has been adapted in the surgical ward of the old Bitola Hospital, and since 1982, the library expanded in the newly built modern shaped space located at ul. Pece Matichevski (Leninova) 39.
National Institution – University Library “St. Kliment Ohridski “- Bitola is a modern cultural institution with a book fund of over 600,000 books and numerous magazines, with a tendency for permanent increase.
Address: st. “Pece Matichevski” no.39, Bitola, Macedonia
The building of the local University Library St. Kliment Ohridski (old part)
The building of the local University Library St. Kliment Ohridski in Bitola, was built in the late 19th century by the famous trade family Pinika, as facility with educational and social nature (some kind of Greek female high school “Partenagogion”).
In 1913, to this facility, which consisted only of high ground, was added another floor.
After the First World War, the building was given to the church as an object within the premises of the Seminary (Богословија).
According to their ambient, architectural aesthetic and artistic features, the object has the status of a cultural monument of the Republic of Macedonia.