The Territorial Fire Protection Unit of Bitola was established by an act of Rumelia Vali under the rule of the Turkish Sultan Mahmud III on 20.05.1836.
The fire department at the time had 15 firefighters employed, of whom one Muslim (chief – haji) and 14 Macedonians, people of the raya. This unit was supplied with one fire pump.
This territorial fire fighting unit in Bitola is the oldest in Macedonia and the Balkans.
Since 2005, the Territorial Fire Protection Unit of Bitola has been working within the Municipality of Bitola.
Fire fighting unit – Bitola
- Address: ul. Bul 1-vi Maj br. 57, 7000 Bitola
- Phone for emergencies: 193
- on duty: +389 47 208 344
- head officer: +389 47 238 192 / +389 47 208 347