“Oficerski” or The House of Army (Офицерски дом) in Bitola, according to its historical and architectural aesthetic values, has the status of a monument of culture in the Republic of Macedonia.
The construction of the building started in 1909, and in 1912 the building was covered. Its construction was completed after the First World War.
Board for the construction of the Officer Home in Bitola, photographed in front of the construction site in 1909
The architectural expression of the building is typical of the period of historicism in European architecture in terms of plan, decoration, and composition tables, with the highlighted Oriental elements. The emergence of these elements in Bitola is normal when it comes to objects built during the period of Turkish rule.
Conceptually the object is built as a synthesis of a palace and fortress. Elements of the palace are in the conception of space and masses, and the fortress is visible in the elements in monumental space and secondary decorative plastics derived in the form of cannon tubes.
Officer’s house was a location for the Turkish, Serbian, Bulgarian, Yugoslav, and Macedonian army.
Here once the door was opened only for generals and officers and this was the only preserved ballroom in Bitola.
Marshal Tito stayed here, Suleyman Demirel, chess player Karpov and others.
Currently, the object is renovated.