The monument dedicated to the victims and terror over the political prisoners in Bitola during the Second World War is located near the locality “Crn Most” (Black Bridge) and the Dragor River. At the site of the memorial park, during the Second World War, was located the Central district prison.
The prison was opened in July 1942 and within were detained the political prisoners from southwestern Macedonia. Of 250 prisoners, 50 were sentenced to death by hanging, 20 to life in prison, and the rest with a strict imprisonment of up to 20 years.
On September 6, 1942, some of the prisoners managed to escape, after which they headed in different directions joining the partisan movement.