The Pyramid Peak mountain route gives you the opportunity to explore Prespa and Pelagonia regions and enjoy the beautiful panoramas.
Starting from the church St. Mary (Св. Богородица) on the regional road Bitola – Resen, (1176 m), a marked mountain track leads up to the Peak Pyramid at elevation 1656 m.(1.5-2 hours hiking).
The peak „Golem Kamen – Piramida“ (Big Rock – Pyramid) offers one of the most beautiful panoramas of the regions where the ancient Roman road – Via Egnatia passed. Being rewarded with the kind of scenery that brightens your day and broadens your horizons, the next destination can be adjusted depending on your interests and also hiking capabilities.
One option is to visit the picturesque village Gopesh and with is grandiose church Holy Transfiguration (Св. Преображение.). (~2km/ 30 min downhill hiking)
Another option is the famous revolutionary village Smilevo, which with its picturesque nature and rich history provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the history of the Macedonian people. (~ 8 km / 2.5 hours downhill hiking)
- Duration: 2 hours (up to Pyramid Peak) / +30 min to Gopesh village / or +2.5 hours to Smilevo village
- Difficulty: Moderate
– Church St. Mary (Св. Богородица): 1176 meters
– „Golem Kamen – Piramida“ (Big Rock – Pyramid): 1656 m
– Smilevo village: 925 m / Gopesh village:1110 m
- Best time for visit: April to November
The hiking tracks on this website are marked as – light, medium and heavy. Some are marked as “recommended for all ages”. Yet, safety and preparedness are extremely important no matter your physical ability or destination.
Safe hiking tour is such organized with a guide in line with the physical ability, and with appropriate equipment that depends on the weather conditions, and the duration of stay in a mountain.
Recommended equipment for hiking:
- Appropriate Footwear and Clothing
- Extra clothing selected according to the season
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 – recommended)
- Personal First-aid allergy kit
- Nutrition (cereal bars, snack)
- Hydration (at least 1 water bottle)
- Insect repellent
- Walking poles