The Pyramid Peak mountain route, gives you opportunity to explore Prespa and Pelagonia regions and enjoy the beautiful panoramas.
Starting from the church St. Mary (Св. Богородица) on the regional road Bitola – Resen, (1176 m), a marked mountain track leads up to the Peak Pyramid at elevation 1656 m.(1.5-2 hours hiking).
The peak „Golem Kamen – Piramida“ (Big Rock – Pyramid) offers one of the most beautiful panoramas of the regions where the ancient Roman road – Via Egnatia passed. Being rewarded with the kind of scenery that brightens your day and broadens your horizons, the next destination can be adjusted depending on your interests and also hiking capabilities.
One option is to visit the picturesque village Gopesh andwith is grandiose church Holy Transfiguration (Св. Преображение.). (~2km/ 30 min downhill hiking)
Other option is the famous revolutionary village Smilevo, which with its picturesque nature and rich history provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the history of the Macedonian people. (~ 8 km / 2.5 hours downhill hiking)
- Duration: 2 hours (up to Pyramid Peak) / +30 min to Gopesh village / or +2.5 hours to Smilevo village
- Difficulty : Moderate
– Church St. Mary (Св. Богородица): 1176 meters
– „Golem Kamen – Piramida“ (Big Rock – Pyramid): 1656 m
– Smilevo village: 925 m / Gopesh village:1110 m
- Best time for visit: April to November