The monastery Saint Anne is located about half an hour’s walk southwest of the village of Malovishte, at 1400 m above sea level in the thick beech forest of the Pelister National Park. The temple dedicated to St. Anne was erected at the site of the old temple in 1936. The object is a three-nave building with a bell tower above the western entrance.
St. Anne was the mother of the St. Mary and the grandmother of Jesus Christ. The cult of this saint is spreading since the 6th century, when the first church in Constantinople was built which carried its name.
Near the temple there is a spring of clear mountain water for which the local population believes it has healing power. In the past, the water sprung from the root of a big beech tree, whose remains are found in the old chapel attached to the western part of the temple.
The church celebrates the feast of the Assumption of St. Anne on August 7th, that is, the evening of the 6th August the monastery is visited by a large number of believers, many of whom are sleeping around the temple and in the monastery quarters.