St. Mercurius (Св. Меркурие) monastery is located in the western part of village Bareshani.
It is composed of a three-nave church, bell tower and sleeping rooms.
According to the inscription on the eastern wall, the church was built in 1836.
The bell tower is located near the monastery gate at south-east part of the monastery. In the western part of the monastery, are the newly renovated rooms with kitchen, dining room and a rooms intended for the stay of the believers.
For this monastery, there is a belief among the local population that the stone that has been laid at the base of the northern façade of the church, has a power to help women who can’t have children.
- Virtual Tour – St. Mercurius (Св. Меркурие) monastery…
- St. Demetrius (Св. Димитриј) church in village of Bareshani…
- Bareshani village…Bareshani village…