University “St. Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola (Универзитет „Св. Климент Охридски“ – Битола) is the second Macedonian state university located mainly in Bitola, with faculties in Prilep, Ohrid, Veles, Kichevo and Skopje.
The act of the formal establishment of the university “St Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola was on the 25th April 1979. On December 8th 1994, the University of Bitola started to celebrate the day of St Kliment Ohridski.
The number of enrolled students exceeds 15,000.
- University St. Kliment Ohridski – Bitola
- Address: 1st of May bb. (1-ви Мај б.б), 7000 Bitola
- Phone: + 389 47 223 788,
- fax: + 389 47 47 223 594
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- web: www.uklo.edu.mk
- Patron saint: St. Kliment Ohridski – December 8th. (Macedonian national holyday).
Institutions part of the university:
- Faculty of Economics – Prilep
- Faculty of Law – Bitola
- Faculty of Technical Sciences – Bitola
- Faculty of Tourism and Catering – Ohrid
- Higher School of Agriculture – Bitola
- Academy of Pedagogy- Bitola
- Tobacco Institute – Prilep
- Institute of Hydro-biology- Ohrid
- Institute for Old Slav Culture – Prilep
- National and University Library “St.Kliment Ohridski” – Biota
- Student Center “Koch Racin” – Bitola
- Higher Medical School – Bitola
- Police Academy – Skopje
The building – seat of the University as cultural heritage
The building in which today is housed the Rector of the university St. Kliment Ohridski in Bitola, also known as the former building of the old municipality of Bitola, is a monument of culture of Republic of Macedonia and one of the bright examples of Bitola architecture.
This facility was specially built for the Sultan Reshad V as his residence during his visit of Bitola in 1911 and represents one of the most beautiful examples of eclectic- renaissance facilities in Bitola.
North of the building is a small backing object – private bath, which was within harem rooms to the main building, and this small private bath represents integral part of the residence.
Mehmed Resad V during his visit in Bitola (Monastir) – 1911 in his residence – today seat of University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bitola
Triumphal arch placed near the residence of sultan Mehmed Resad V during his visit in Bitola (Monastir) – 1911 – today seat of University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bitola
Prince Aleksandar I Karadjordjević and French general Maurice Sarrail in Bitola (November, 1916)