Have you ever drunk water directly from a river?
“Bela Reka” (White River) or “Belica” in Mariovo region springs at altitude 1,610 meters a.s.l. from Nidze Mountain. In the upper part of this river there is absolutely no source of pollution, and the nearest city and industrial capacity are 70 km away. The locality “Lakite” is excellent picnic location and can be reached only with 4×4 vehicle.
If you are looking for escape from the urban chaos, then this forgotten place in Mariovo is the right choice for you.
- Type of tour: Jeep excursion / Jeep safari
- Pick up/drop of location: Bitola (hotel, parking lot,…)
- Difficulty: Easy, recommended for everyone
- Dates: On demand / spring, summer and autumn
- Duration:~ 8-10 hours
- Altitudes: Bitola 615 m, locality Lakite 1015 m
• 09.00 h – Departure from a previously agreed location in Bitola
• Tourist drive through Municipality of Novaci
• Short break at a picturesque location near the village of Staravina
• Tourist drive to the locality Lakite (arrival around 10.00 h)
• Leisure activities.
• 15:00 h – departure back to Bitola
• Visit to the monastery St. Athanasius near the village of Staravina
• ~ 17:00 – arrival in Bitola
• Transport with 4 x 4 terrain vehicle
• Organization and realization of the trip
• travel insurance
• Food, drinks and other individual costs
• Pregnant women and guests who have problems with neck, back, other health problems or allergies are advised to consult a doctor regarding their participation in jeep excursions.
• If you are allergic or if you need some medication, keep in mind that all jeep tours are on locations outside of urban areas.
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Pick up / Drop off location
• The excursions start/end from a previously agreed location in Bitola city (hotel, parking, etc.)
Recommended clothing and footwear and equipment:
• Proper clothing and footwear. In some locations there is a high grass, insects and everything else that nature can offer. If you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
• Sunglasses with UV filter
• Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
• Insect repellent
• Digital Camera
• Snacks/Food/ beverages – The excursion does not include food and drinks. On some locations there is drinkable spring water, but there is no place where you can buy food. It is recommended that each participant carries with him sufficient amount of food for his daily needs.
Food and beverages
• Not included
• Please keep the environment clean. Any environmental pollution is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
- The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
- If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the travel participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
- The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.