The beautiful arched stone bridge (“Movie Bridge”) on Gradeska River, the picturesque nature, the traditional architecture and many other things, make Zovich village one of the most interesting locations to visit in Macedonia.
The Chebren Monastery beside Crna River is located in the vicinity of Zovich village and it is composed of the small church dedicated to the Holy Salvation (St. Spas) from 16th century known for its wall painting and the renovated St. Dimitrios church, whose altarpiece is the only remnant of the great church that existed at that place, where in the 90s of the 20th century the local population erected the new temple.
What is particularly captivating is the picturesque nature that surrounds this monastery, located in the canyon of Crna River.
- Type of tour: Jeep excursion / Jeep safari
- Pick up/drop of location: Bitola (hotel, parking lot,…)
- Difficulty: Easy, recommended for everyone
- Dates: On demand / spring, summer and autumn
- Duration:~ 8-10 hours
- Altitudes: Bitola 615 m, Chebren Monastery 440 m, Zovik 680 m
- 09.00 h – Departure from a previously agreed location in Bitola
- Tourist drive through Municipality of Novaci
- Short break at a picturesque location near the village of Rapesh
- Tourist drive through the canyon of Crna River, to the entrance of the village Zovik
- Off road drive to Chebren Monastery (~ 4km)
- Visit of the Monastery and its surrounding – churches Holy Salvation and St. Dimitrij and Crna River.
- Off road drive to Zovich village (~ 4km)
- Arrival in Zovich village – visit to the locations: Private museum collection in the Ethno house “At the Bridge”, St. Nicholas church, Movie Bridge at Gradeshka River.
- Free activities
- ~ 16:00 – arrival in Bitola
• Transport with 4 x 4 terrain vehicle
• Organization and realization of the trip
• travel insurance
• Food, drinks and other individual costs
• Pregnant women and guests who have problems with neck, back, other health problems or allergies are advised to consult a doctor regarding their participation in jeep excursions.
• If you are allergic or if you need some medication, keep in mind that all jeep tours are on locations outside of urban areas.
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Pick up / Drop off location
• The excursions start/end from a previously agreed location in Bitola city (hotel, parking, etc.)
Recommended clothing and footwear and equipment:
• Proper clothing and footwear. In some locations there is a high grass, insects and everything else that nature can offer. If you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
• Sunglasses with UV filter
• Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
• Insect repellent
• Digital Camera
• Snacks/Food/ beverages – The excursion does not include food and drinks. On some locations there is drinkable spring water, but there is no place where you can buy food. It is recommended that each participant carries with him sufficient amount of food for his daily needs.
Food and beverages
• Not included
• Please keep the environment clean. Any environmental pollution is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
- The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
- If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the travel participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
- The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]