Neolica is a peak on Baba Mountain – Pelister National Park, located at an altitude of 1865 meters and approximately 10 kilometers from the city of Bitola.
In its vicinity is located the eponymous mountain hut at an altitude of 1440 meters, which has a capacity of 48 beds.
Neolica Mountain hut is located at 2 hours hiking from village Lavci and is frequently visited by the local population in Bitola, especially during weekends.
- Duration: 2 hours (Mountain hut) / 4 hours Neolica Peak
- Difficulty : Easy / Moderate
– Lavci village: 792 meters (2598 feet)
– Neolica Mountain Hut: 1440 m (4724 feet)
– Neolica Peak: 1865 m (6118 feet)
- Best time for visit: April to November
The hiking tracks on this website are marked as – light, medium and heavy. Some are marked as “recommended for all ages”. Yet, safety and preparedness are extremely important no matter your physical ability or destination.
Safe hiking tour is such organized with a guide in line with the physical ability, and with appropriate equipment that depends on the weather conditions, and the duration of stay in a mountain.
Recommended equipment for hiking:
- Appropriate Footwear and Clothing
- Extra clothing selected according to the season
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 – recommended)
- Personal First-aid allergy kit
- Nutrition (cereal bars, snack)
- Hydration (at least 1 water bottle)
- Insect repellent
- Walking poles